Snells Beach Motel - "Stylish immaculate accommodation. Discover Matakana Coast’s favourite, so close to Warkworth & Matakana"
Just 1 hour north of Auckland, an easy drive from Auckland airport, a great stop on the way to or from the Bay of Islands
Snells Beach Motel - Wonderful Holiday Location & Business stopover!
12 stylish self-contained one and two bedroom Unit Apartments – some with double Spa Baths. Enjoy the seasonally heated Swimming Pool in its beautiful sub-tropical garden setting, with great views out to the Bay and its islands.
Perfectly situated, on the Mahurangi East Peninsula, overlooking the beautiful Kawau Bay and right in the heart of the wonderful Matakana Coast and Country. One of the most desirable regions to visit in NZ. This really is a magic area.
Just a short stroll to wonderfully safe swimming at Kawau Bay and adjacent to a small cluster of shops, cafes and restaurants. You will be close to many stunning surf beaches and fabulous Regional Parks, secluded bays, Vineyards, the Matakana Farmers Markets, the famous Kawau Island ferry and Goat Island Marine Reserve ( NZ’s first – amazingly prolific fish life – so close you can reach out and touch them .... almost !) ... all yours to discover and explore.
Enjoy all the attractions, come for 1 night, 2 nights, a week or longer and find something different to do every day. Many of our guests remark how varied and interesting our attractions are, and how more plentiful they are, than more widely known areas in Northland.
Most importantly .... we really care. We have now owned Snells Beach Motel for over 10 years. Every year we endeavour to make sure the ‘Snells Beach Package’ gets better and better. We have refurbished all the Units and constantly upgrade them, and all the feedback we get tells us that all our guests really enjoy them. They enjoy the high standard of comfort & presentation and the attention to detail, but most of all they know that we really care. If you don’t have a great time ... we take it very personally !
Discover for yourself why so many of our guests keep coming back ... again & again !
Leave or arrive at Auckland airport, and you will find we are the ideal place to spend your first or last few days.
We’d love to see you.
Robin & Dianne Allan
So, come and experience it all:
- Taste and tour Top Vineyards - Ascension, Brick Bay, Mahurangi River, Runner Duck, Herons Flight, OBV and Ransoms
- Matakana Farmers Market (world famous in NZ!) and Matakana Country Park Market
- Walk to Stores, Cafes, Restaurants and of course the Beach
- Acclaimed Arts and Crafts, including NZ’s best pottery at Morris & James, and the awesome Brick Bay Sculpture Trail at the northern end of Snells Beach
- Jane Gifford – NZ’s oldest sailing scow – now beautifully restored & cruising out of Warkworth
- Great golf courses to choose from and an all-weather driving range
- Brilliant Fishing & Diving – Best Beach Dive in NZ – Snapper for dinner ?!
- Blue Adventures – Kitesurfing, SUP, Wakeboarding & Jetboating
- Horseriding – 2 of the best, including iconic Pakiri Horse Rides, featured in BBC’s “Unforgettable Things To Do”, and "Horseriding Warkworth"
- Many superb and varied beach and bush walks
- Royal Mail Run Cruise to Historic Kawau Island and Governor Grey’s Mansion House
- Beautiful Regional Parks including ‘must-see’ Scotts Landing & Scandretts
- Goat Island Marine Reserve
- Famous Glass Bottom Boat...or even Glass Bottom Kayaks !
- Farm & Sheep dog displays at the very popular Sheepworld
- NZ’s only Reptile Park – turtles, dragons & alligators !
- Only 8mins to Matakana & Warkworth
Phone: 09 425 5021